20 Quotes About Not Planning For The Future-This might not be the first place you will be reading about planning and it certainly won’t be the last and this is because in every step we intend to take in life, we have to plan because he who fails to plan, plans to fail and certainly nobody wants to fail even if we get to learn from failure.
Planning is the key to being happy and successful and if you want to weather through the uncertainties and challenges life has to offer, it is important that you plan for your future.
READ ALSO: Books About Planning For The Future
You don’t have to jump into action right away without setting out goals and course of actions to follow in achieving your goals. This is why we have taken out time to compile 20 quotes about not planning for your future to motivate and inspire you to take out time to plan for your future.
The importance of planning for our future cannot be overemphasized as it gives you a direction to follow in achieving your goals and objectives.
20 Quotes About Not Planning For Your Future
- “A goal without a plan is just a wish”– Antoine de Saint- Exupery, writer and pioneering aviator
This quote is telling you that you shouldn’t just talk about goals without making plans to achieve them because one thing is having goals and another is setting out plans to achieve your goals and if you don’t plan towards achieving your goals, they are just mere wishes.
- “Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans”. – Peter F Drucker, author and educator.
Why set goals when you don’t have plans towards achieving them they are just hopes, promises and wishes without commitments. So be committed to your goals and see that they are actualized.
- “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail”– Benjamin Franklin, founding fathers of the United States.
This is a popular quote that has inspired a lot of successful people in the world today and this shows that planning keeps you woke and prevents you from failing.
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four hours sharpening the axe”– Abraham Lincoln, former U.S president
This is a powerful quote that tells you about the essence of preparation and if anyone could tell you better the importance of planning, then it should be Abraham Lincoln as no president had to face any great challenge like he did.
- “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan”– Tom Landry, Hall of Fame football coach
If you think it stops at just setting goals, then you are totally wrong. Achieving success lies in what you do to make your goals a reality. So as you set your goals, make plans to achieve those goals and stay with the plan.
- “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success”. –Pablo Picasso, painter
This quote also talks about not only setting goals but also making plans to achieve the goals you set. In this quote, you will see that the major route to success is planning and acting on your plan.
- “Without goals and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination”– Fitzhugh Dodson, author
Can you set sail on a ship without a destination in mind? No. so if you don’t have a goal and plans to reach the goals, you won’t have a destination or direction to follow.
- “A man who doesn’t have a plan long ahead will find trouble at his door” -Confucius
If you really want to avoid trouble as your proceed in life, you will have to plan ahead of time as it prepares you for what lies ahead of you since you cannot predict future events.
- “Always plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark” -Richard Cushing, American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church.
This quote takes to down to the bible and it is a wise one regardless of your religious belief. This quote hammers on the importance of planning as Noah had to build the ark for an event that was going to happen in the future and not the present.
- “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success” -Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of telephone
These are one of the great inventors and he was known for the invention of telephone and you know that this process and invention took a lot of planning and he understand the importance of planning in his quest and that was why he achieved success at the end of the day.
- “Plan your work and work your plan” -Napoleon Hill, American author
It is one thing to plan but everything you wish for comes to pass when you act on your plans and see that your wishes become a reality.
- “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else” -Yogi Berra, baseball catcher
Planning gives you a destination and if you don’t plan, you won’t know where you are going to and if you don’t know where you are going to, you will end up somewhere you wouldn’t like to be.
- “I ain’t Martin Luther King. I don’t need a dream. I have a plan” -Spike Lee
We are used to the popular quotes of Martin Luther king but Spike Lee is not buying the idea of just having a dream, instead he is telling you to have a plan to turn your dream into a reality. Dreams don’t come through unless they are acted upon.
- “A goal without an action plan is a day dream” –Nathaniel Branden, Canadian-American psychotherapist
It is still hammering on the fact that you have to take action for your dreams to be a reality if not, dreams will just be dreams.
- “Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now” -Alan Lakein, American Author
From this quote, you will see that when you plan, you tend to see yourself in the future as you will bring the future to the present and so how you can come up with actions that will make for a better future.
- “Planning for success will make you more creative”– Danielle LaPorte, Canadian author
The quote tries to tell you that for you to tap into your creative side; you will have to be plan as planning shows you how creative you can be.
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it” -Peter Drucker, Austrian-American author
This quote tries to let you know that your future is what you create and for you to be able to predict it, you will have to create it so that you can plan towards it.
- “Proper planning and preparation prevents poor performance” -Stephen Keague,
If you really want to have good success and a wonderful performance, you will have to plan properly and prepare well.
- “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much” -Jim Rohn, American entrepreneur.
This quote is telling you the essence if having your own plan and not being pushed by someone else’s plan. You have to know that if the plan is not yours, you shouldn’t expect much from it because someone else’s is for the success of that person and not your success.
- “Expect the best, plan for the worst and prepare to be surprised” -Denis Waitley, American motivational speaker
In this quote, you are told to always plan for the worst and be prepared to be surprised even when you are expecting the best. The thing is we always expect things to go on well but in some cases, they do not and so we have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
A lot of people see planning as a waste of time but the truth is it is a very important step to take in achieving any goal or dream you have. Planning is very important regardless of who you are whether you are a students, an employer, employee, business owner or entrepreneur.
Through planning, you can take on big dreams and achieve them but you will have to always stay focused on your goals and the plan you are taking even when you fail, try to embrace it and learn from it.